Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Busy bee's

It has been a busy summer so far. We have been doing summer movies and swimming. That is usually the gist of our summer fun because I always use up Eddie's vacation time with my calling in young women's. I've already been to youth conference and will be going to girls camp in 2 weeks. But times are a changin'! This will be my last year going to girls camp. I have a new calling.........RS 2nd counselor/enrichment counselor. Tonight was YW's and I really missed being there. I have been in for 8 yrs. That's 8 yrs. of going to weekly activities. 8 yrs. of youth conferences and girl's camps. I've loved it!! This has been a hard transition, but I know Heavenly Father will help me adjust. I am definitely in new territory!!!

We are going to lagoon as a family through Eddie's work and that will probably be the last big thing we do for awhile. I will try to get pictures and post them next week. We had a blast last year so I am hoping for some fun.

Also, last week Eddie and I were able to go on a 2 day retreat for our 22nd anniversary. It was wonderful! 22 years!! I still can't believe it. It has been a great ride. We went to a little, very charming bed and breakfast in the middle of SLC. We were the only ones there so it was a nice and quiet time. Amid a house full of kids, 4 of them grown ups, it's nice to have some quiet, peaceful moments. We ate at the Market Street Broiler (fabulous), The Lion House, Gandolfo's, and Olive Garden. We also went and saw "The Incredible Hulk". Definitely a good see. We loved it.


1 comment:

Kim Walus said...

I love Canon in D. It was playing when I came to your blog. It sounds like you had fun and I never heard from the kids so they must have done okay.

The bed and breakfast looked beautiful you didn't post any pictures of the inside. Was that just as nice? Hope so!

I'm glad you had such a great time. You both deserve it!!!